Passage: Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
The Last Words of Jesus on Earth
I. You have power. (Acts 1:8)
A. This is a promise from God to every believer.
B. This is the same power that raised Jesus from the dead.
II. You have the Holy Spirit. (Romans 8:11)
A. He will give you the words to say. (Luke 12:12)
B. He will help you have victory over sin. (Galatians 5:16)
C. He will teach you. (John 14:26)
D. He will guide you. (Acts 8:29)
III. You are witnesses. (Acts 1:8)
Excuses people make:
A. I’m too young. (2 Kings 5:2-5)
B. I don’t know much about the Bible. (Luke 12:11-12)
C. I fear what people think. (Matthew 10:33)
1. Which example of power stood out to you?
2. What do you need the Holy Spirit to do for you today?
3. What kind of witness are you to others? Your life may be the only Bible people read.
4. What are your excuses for not being a witness for Jesus?
5. Who are you going to pray for to become a Christian?