1. Following Jesus Means Leaving Things Behind
18 As Jesus was walking beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers, Simon called Peter and his brother Andrew. They were casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen …… 20 At once they left their nets and followed him. 21 Going on from there, he saw two other brothers, James son of Zebedee and his brother John. They were in a boat with their father Zebedee, preparing their nets. Jesus called them, 22 and immediately they left the boat and their father and followed him.
Matthew 4: 18; 20-22 (NIV)
2. Following Jesus Means Fishing For People
19 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”
Matthew 4: 19 (NIV)
As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.”
Luke 9: 57 (NIV)
1. Have you sensed any urgency in Jesus’ calling for discipleship? Why or why not?
2. Are you ready to respond if God is calling you for a full-time vocational ministry?
3. If you were picking a team of people to help you in your ministry, what types of people would you want? Why?